FLUXUS FOR EVERYONE
An unfortunate computer glitch resulted in the premature death of the Fluxlist as hosted on scribble.com, and its rebirth on Yahoo through the emergency midwifery of Ross Priddle. The Yahoo based list is currently maintained by Alan Bowman, Ross Priddle, and Allan Revich.
There are several other variations of the original Fluxlist floating around on the interwebs too. Links to most of them are on this page.
The Fluxlist Communities
The Fluxlist is an artist community, not a social media marketing company.
Fluxus is an artistic philosophy, not a company that sells clothing.
The Fluxus artistic philosophy has been defined as a synthesis of four key factors that define the majority of Fluxus work:
- Fluxus is an attitude. It is not a movement or a style.
- Fluxus is intermedia. Fluxus creators like to see what happens when different media intersect. They use found and everyday objects, sounds, images, and texts to create new combinations of objects, sounds, images, and texts.
- Fluxus works are simple. The art is small, the texts are short, and the performances are brief.
- Fluxus is fun. Humor has always been an important element in Fluxus.
- Items 1 through 4 are flexible, variable, and non-binding.